Conventions & Camellia Celebrations
Find out about events at Massee Lane Gardens and in the camellia world.
Notice: Massee Lane Gardens is closed to the public until further notice. We will open as soon as possible.
Visit Massee Lane Gardens, the Historic Headquarters of the American Camellia Society! Call (877) 422-6355 for questions, tour reservations and event registration information.
Hours: Tuesday through Saturday 10:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. and Sunday 1:00 p.m. until 4:30 p.m. Open 7 days a week in February. (Call for Holiday Hours)
Admission: $5 for Adults; Free for Members, Children under 12 and Tour Bus Drivers; $4 for Seniors 55+ (Admission discounts available with membership card for Flint Energies Co-op Connection Members, AAA Members, and Peach Chamber of Commerce Members)
Self Guided Tours: Guests can view an informative video on the history and features of Massee Lane Gardens. An easy to follow map of the gardens and galleries allows guests to tour the gardens at their own pace.
Professionally Guided Tours: Available Tuesday through Friday for groups of 10 or more by appointment for $5 per guest (includes admission and guide). Call toll free to schedule a tour for your group! (877) 422-6355
Learn More! Click on the "Gardens" menu option above to learn more about Massee Lane Gardens.
Pet Friendly! Leashed pets welcome in the gardens. (Galleries off limits to pets.)
Gift Shop and Plant Shop. The Massee Lane Gardens Gift Shop is open year round with an eclectic mix of camellia grafting, pruning and rooting supplies, camellia care books, decorative housewares, camellia art and jewelry, stationary, and educational children's toys. Live camellia plants in three gallon pots are available from October 1 - April 30. American Camellia Society Members receive a ten percent discount on all purchases.
All items are 25% off (no additional discounts)
- Books, Kids Toys & Activities
- Tea and Tea Service Accessories
- Tableware and Serving Pieces
- Fine Stationery and Notecards
- Gardening Accessories
- ACS Logo Products
- Home Decor
- Health and Beauty
New Three-Year Electronic Membership Rate
Renew your membership or join the American Camellia Society with a single or joint three-year electronic membership for the new rate of $45.00. A two-year electronic membership is available for $40.00 and a single year electronic membership is available for $20.00.
All electronic memberships include the same benefits as the traditional membership, with the exception of mailed hard copies of The Camellia Journal and the American Camellia Yearbook.
- All memberships include online access to these publications dating back to 1945, as well as much other online members-only camellia care resources.
- 10% discount on ACS Gift Shop purchases at Massee Lane Gardens and our online Gift Shop A copy of Camellia Culture, an ACS publication on camellia care and propagation
- Free admission to Massee Lane Gardens - headquarters for the American Camellia Society
- Free or reduced admissions to over 330 participating gardens available through the American Horticultural Society's Reciprocal Admissions Program
- National conventions with competitive camellia shows, tours, and other fun-filled activities
- Educational workshops, a speakers bureau, and extensive camellia library, camellia fact sheets, and camellia nursery information
Save the Dates for Upcoming Meetings & Events!Atlantic Coast Camellia Convention September 18-20, 2020
Gulf Coast Camellia Soceity Fall 2020 Meeting: TBA
Helpful links for leadership criteria and applications:
Camellia Judging Classes
Becoming a camellia show judge is a great way to become more involved in camellia care and culture. Judges must be ACS members in good standing and participate in a re-accredation course every five years.
Click here to find out more about shows and judging.
Click here to find a judge training class near you!
New ACS Camellia Show Rules and Regulations Now Available
The ACS Judging Program has produced a new Camellia Show Rules and Regulations booklet which updates the governing procedures and judging of American Camellia Society Cooperative Shows. All novice, accredited and emeritus judges will be receiving their booklet in the mail shortly. Please make sure that you read the new booklet before the new camellia season begins. Please call or email Lorie Huff with any questions about camellia show judging at 1-877-422-6355 or firstname.lastname@example.org.