Conventions & Camellia Celebrations
Find out about events at Massee Lane Gardens and in the camellia world.
Don't Miss Camellia Season at Massee Lane Gardens, Historic Headquarters of the American Camellia Society! Call (877) 422-6355 to schedule a garden tour.
Hours: Tuesday through Saturday 10:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. and Sunday 1:00 p.m. until 4:30 p.m. (Open 7 days a week in February.)
Admission: $5, Free for Members, Children under 12 and Tour Bus Drivers (Ask about discounts for Flint Energies Co-op Connection Members, AAA Members and Seniors)
Self Guided Tours: Guests can view an informative video on the history and features of Massee Lane Gardens. An easy to follow map of the gardens and galleries allows guests to tour the gardens at their own pace.
Complimentary Guided Tours: Available for groups of 10 or more by appointment. Call toll free to schedule a tour for your group! (877) 422-6355
Learn More! Click on the "Gardens" menu option above to learn more about Massee Lane Gardens.
Pet Friendly! Leashed pets welcome.
Gift Shop and Plant Shop. The Massee Lane Gardens Gift Shop is open year round with an eclectic mix of camellia grafting, pruning and rooting supplies, camellia care books, decorative housewares, camellia art and jewelry, stationary, and educational children's toys. Live camellia plants in three gallon pots are available from October 1 - April 30. American Camellia Society Members receive a ten percent discount on all purchases. Click here to see current list ov available plants.
2017 Festival of Camellias Events
Hours: Monday through Saturday 10:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. and Sunday 1:00 p.m. until 4:30 p.m. (Admission: $5, Free for Members, Children under 12 and Tour Bus Drivers)February 1 -28, 2017
- Massee Lane Gardens will remain open on Mondays in February. A complimentary tea tasting each Monday will showcase one of the most popular camellias in the world—the species camellia sinensis is the common tea plant.
- Self Guided Tours: Guests can view an informative video on the history and features of Massee Lane Gardens. An easy to follow map of the gardens and galleries allows guests to tour the seven specialty camellia gardens at their own pace.
- Professionally guided tours and boxed luncheons can be scheduled Monday through Friday in February. Lunch selections feature a fruit cup, chips, cookie, water and a choice of the Conductor Club Wrap, Southern Pecan Tumbled Chicken Salad Sandwich, Ham and Swiss Sandwich, Turkey and Swiss Sandwich, and a Veggie Wrap. Luncheon tours are $15 per person with advance reservations.
- Plant Sale (Camellias, Daphne Odora, Tea Olive) Click here to see current inventory of plants for sale.
- February 25-26, 2017: Middle Georgia Camellia Society and Flint Energies Camellia Show, Fetterman Gallery, Massee Lane Gardens
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- No cost to enter blooms or view show
- Bloom entry 7:30 a.m. until 10:30 a.m.
- Open to public: Saturday 1:00 p.m. until 4:30 p.m. & Sunday 1:00 p.m. until 4:00 p.m
Scheduled Camellia Judging Classes
Becoming a camellia show judge is a great way to become more involved in camellia care and culture. Judges must be ACS members in good standing and participate in a re-accredation course every five years.Click here to find out more about show and judging.
Click here to find a judge training class near you!
Save the Dates for Upcoming Meetings!
February 11 - 16, 2017: International Camellia Society Conservation Working Group Conference, hosted by the American Camellia Society and Baton Rouge Camellia Society. Baton Rouge, LA
April 5-8, 2017: American Camellia Society National Convention, Newberg, Oregon
Click here for registration details and schedule.