Conventions & Camellia Celebrations
Find out about events at Massee Lane Gardens and in the camellia world.
Visit the Historic Headquarters of the American Camellia Society soon! Call (877) 422-6355 to schedule a garden tour.
- Hours: Tuesday through Saturday 10:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. and Sunday 1:00 p.m. until 4:30 p.m. Open 7 days a week in February, (Call for Holiday Hours)
- Admission: $5 for Adults; Free for Members, Children under 12 and Tour Bus Drivers; $4 for Seniors 55+ (Admission discounts available with membership card for Flint Energies Co-op Connection Members, AAA Members, and Peach Chamber of Commerce Members )
- Self Guided Tours: Guests can view an informative video on the history and features of Massee Lane Gardens. An easy to follow map of the gardens and galleries allows guests to tour the gardens at their own pace.
- Professionally Guided Tours: Available Tuesday through Friday for groups of 10 or more by appointment for $5 per guest (includes admission and guide). Call toll free to schedule a tour for your group! (877) 422-6355
- Learn More! Click on the "Gardens" menu option above to learn more about Massee Lane Gardens.
- Pet Friendly! Leashed pets welcome in the gardens. (Galleries off limits to pets.)
- Gift Shop and Plant Shop. The Massee Lane Gardens Gift Shop is open year round with an eclectic mix of camellia grafting, pruning and rooting supplies, camellia care books, decorative housewares, camellia art and jewelry, stationary, and educational children's toys. Live camellia plants in three gallon pots are available from October 1 - April 30. American Camellia Society Members receive a ten percent discount on all purchases.
- Click here to learn more about Massee Lane Gardens.
Festival of Camellias: Celebrate Massee Lane Gardens' Silver Anniversay
Massee Lane Gardens has been home to the most unique camellia collection in Georgia for half a century. The historic gardens became the headquarters of the American Camellia Society in 1968, preserving and promoting old and new camellias. Camellias of nearly every species, form and color bloom from October through April. Admission includes self-guided tours of seven specialty gardens and two museum galleries showcasing the largest collection of Boehm porcelain sculptures on public display in the United States.
The Festival of Camellias is celebrated every day in February, with the gardens also open on Mondays. Free admission is offered all day on Saturday February 2, 2019 with free face painting, scavenger hunts with prizes, and an art activity for children. A food truck will offer lunch and snacks.
Guided tours and boxed lunches are available for groups on weekdays. Each Monday, a different variety of tea will be offered to highlight the world’s most famous camellia species: Camellia sinensis, the common tea plant. Programs on camellias in the landscape, camellia waxing and camellia care will be offered on Wednesdays. Saturday activities include art in the garden with a paint class, photography walk, workshop on tea, tea mug painting class, competitive flower show, presentation by a camellia guidebook author, and yoga in the gardens.
Camellia Judging ClassesBecoming a camellia show judge is a great way to become more involved in camellia care and culture. Judges must be ACS members in good standing and participate in a re-accredation course every five years.
Click here to find out more about shows and judging.
Click here to find a judge training class near you!
New ACS Camellia Show Rules and Regulations Now Available
The ACS Judging Program has produced a new Camellia Show Rules and Regulations booklet which updates the governing procedures and judging of American Camellia Society Cooperative Shows. All novice, accredited and emeritus judges will be receiving their booklet in the mail shortly. Please make sure that you read the new booklet before the new camellia season begins. Please call or email Lorie Huff with any questions about camellia show judging at 1-877-422-6355 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Save the Dates for Upcoming Meetings!
February 15-19, 2019: National Convention and Camellia Show, Mobile, Alabama
60th Anniversary of Alabama’s State Flower on February 15-19, 2019
The events will coincide with Alabama’s 200th Anniversary of Statehood and serve as part of the American Camellia Society’s 72nd Annual Convention.
Attend a very special state Camellia Show at the convention center on Mobile Bay and be a part of Alabama’s rich camellia history.
Plus enjoy great seafood, tour famous camellia gardens and nurseries, and experience Mardi Gras in the city where it began.