Conventions & Camellia Celebrations
Find out about events at Massee Lane Gardens and in the camellia world.
Don't miss Massee Lane Gardens in the springtime. Visit the Historic Headquarters of the American Camellia Society soon! Call (877) 422-6355 to schedule a garden tour.
Call for Holiday Hours.
Hours: Tuesday through Saturday 10:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. and Sunday 1:00 p.m. until 4:30 p.m. (Open 7 days a week in February)
Admission: $5 for Adults; Free for Members, Children under 12 and Tour Bus Drivers; $4 for Seniors 55+ (Admission discounts available with membership card for Flint Energies Co-op Connection Members, AAA Members, and Peach Chamber of Commerce Members )
Self Guided Tours: Guests can view an informative video on the history and features of Massee Lane Gardens. An easy to follow map of the gardens and galleries allows guests to tour the gardens at their own pace.
Professionally Guided Tours: Available Tuesday through Friday for groups of 10 or more by appointment for $5 per guest (includes admission and guide). Call toll free to schedule a tour for your group! (877) 422-6355
Learn More! Click on the "Gardens" menu option above to learn more about Massee Lane Gardens.
Pet Friendly! Leashed pets welcome in the gardens. (Galleries off limits to pets.)
Gift Shop and Plant Shop. The Massee Lane Gardens Gift Shop is open year round with an eclectic mix of camellia grafting, pruning and rooting supplies, camellia care books, decorative housewares, camellia art and jewelry, stationary, and educational children's toys. Live camellia plants in three gallon pots are available from October 1 - April 30. American Camellia Society Members receive a ten percent discount on all purchases.
Scheduled Camellia Judging Classes
Becoming a camellia show judge is a great way to become more involved in camellia care and culture. Judges must be ACS members in good standing and participate in a re-accredation course every five years.Click here to find out more about shows and judging.
Click here to find a judge training class near you!
New ACS Camellia Show Rules and Regulations Now Available
The ACS Judging Program has produced a new Camellia Show Rules and Regulations booklet which updates the governing procedures and judging of American Camellia Society Cooperative Shows. All novice, accredited and emeritus judges will be receiving their booklet in the mail shortly. Please make sure that you read the new booklet before the new camellia season begins. Please call or email Lorie Huff with any questions about camellia show judging at 1-877-422-6355 or email@example.com.
New Plant Tags Promote Camellia Care and Culture Education and ACS Website
The ACS Membership Committee’s plant tag project will help promote the Society’s website as an educational resource. The new plant tags were created for camellia clubs which hold plant sales. The tags feature the ACS web address, toll free phone number, and pertinent growing information. ACS headquarters will ship the tags to clubs that hold plant sales. To order a supply of complimentary tags for your club’s plant sale, please call or email headquarters at 1-877-422-6355 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Save the Dates for Upcoming Meetings!
March 25 - 28, 2018: International Camellia Society Congress, Nantes, France
March 21 - 25, 2018: Pre-Congress Tour (Gardens in Brittany)
March 29 - April 3, 2018: Post-Congress Tours (Normandy or Southwest France and Paris)
February 15-19, 2019: National Convention and Camellia Show, Mobile, Alabama
- Come visit and help us celebrate the 60th Anniversary of Alabama’s State Flower on February 15-19, 2019.
- The events will coincide with Alabama’s 200th Anniversary of Statehood and serve as part of the American Camellia Society’s 72nd Annual Convention.
- Attend a very special state Camellia Show at the convention center on Mobile Bay and be a part of Alabama’s rich camellia history.
- Plus enjoy great seafood, tour famous camellia gardens and nurseries, and experience Mardi Gras in the city where it began.
2018 Festival of Camellias: Winter is Sweeter at Massee Lane Gardens.Winter is sweeter at Massee Lane Gardens, Georgia’s most welcoming botanical garden and home to one of the world’s finest camellia collections. Camellias are called the winter rose because they bloom continuously from early fall through late spring. Over a thousand varieties of camellias burst into color every day from October through April.
Wear comfortable walking shoes, and during cool weather, be sure to bring a jacket, gloves and a hat to make the experience more enjoyable. Two push wheel chairs are available on a first come, first served basis for no additional cost. Golf cart tours are available for small groups.
Click here to read a full article about Festival of Camellias activities.
- The month-long Festival of Camellias kicks off on Saturday February 3, 2018 with free garden admission all day long.
- Extended Hours: Massee Lane Gardens will be open every day in February.
- Free tea tastings are offered each Monday.
- Children can enjoy free nature scavenger hunts and earn prizes.
- Groups of ten or more may make their weekday visits even more special by making an advance appointment for professionally guided garden tours. (Advance Reservations Required: Call 1-877-422-6355)
- Deluxe box luncheon tours for groups of ten or more. (Advance Reservations Required: Call 1-877-422-6355)
- The box lunch menu includes a handcrafted sandwich on artisanal bread or croissant with a choice of Ham or Turkey, homemade Chicken Salad or Pimento Cheese, with a side of fresh fruit salad, chips, a pickle spear and homemade cookie, and chilled bottled water.
- Gluten free and vegetarian options are also available.